This Policy means to inform you how we handle personally identifiable information that we process. Any questions regarding this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Collection of information
- We collect Personal Information that you provide to us in the following ways:
– Contacting the Blog: If you contact us at email@example.com or through the contact form on the website, we collect the information you voluntarily provide to us. We will access and process such Personal Information for the purposes as set out below.
– When you provide your email address in the “Email Subscription” section of the Blog and click “Subscribe”, your email address is provided by Contact Form 7 to us.
- We may automatically collect the following information when you visit the Blog:
– Cookies: Like most websites, the Blog may place a “cookie” – a small text file – in the browser of your computer. Cookies can be either “persistent” or “session” based. The Blog uses both types of cookies. Session cookies are short-lived, used only during a browsing session, and expire when you quit your browser. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer, contain an expiration date, and may be used to track your browsing behaviour upon return to the issuing website or component. We use the following cookies on the Blog:
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. Instructions on how to do so will vary from browser to browser but you can find out more at www.aboutcookies.org.
- Use of Information
Your Personal Information may be used in the following ways:
- If you have subscribed to receive Blog updates, we will use your Personal Information to send you the requested Blog updates;
- If you contact us by email, we will use the Personal Information to respond to your inquiry. In particular, when you email us about writing a post for the Blog, we may share the enquiry and any draft post you send us with the editors of the Blog as part of the editorial process.
- If we decide to publish a post that you have submitted to us, your name and a short biography that you provide will appear on the Blog.
Your information may also be used for technical purposes, including:
- To ensure that content from the Blog is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device; and
- statistical purposes.
- Disclosure of Information
We will never share your Personal Information with any other third party without your
consent, except in the following circumstances (each as permitted by applicable law):
- as set out in this Policy;
- when we are required to do so by law, for example, in response to a valid request
from a law enforcement agency;
- in the event that we sell or transfer all, or any portion of, the Blog (including in the event of any reorganisation, dissolution, spin-off, or liquidation) we reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information to the relevant acquirer, successor, purchaser or beneficiary, or any appropriate combination of them.
- Storage and Accuracy of Information
The Personal Information you provide when contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or when signing up for Blog updates is stored on servers in the Netherlands on servers owned by Neostrada our hosting provider.
The accuracy of your Personal Information is important to us. If you change your email address, you may update your email address in our records by clicking “Manage Subscriptions” at the bottom of each of our Blog updates to which you have subscribed.
We will only store your Personal Information in our systems for as long as is necessary.
We use reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information and to store it securely. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We will do our best to protect your Personal Information, but cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to us.
- Links to other website
The Blog may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us and may have their own privacy policies. To the extent any linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or the privacy practices of those websites.
- Changes to our Policy
Our Policy may change in the future. We encourage you to review this page periodically to understand our Policy regarding our collection and use of your Personal Information. The date of this Policy, as stated below, indicates the last time this Policy was materially revised.
Last modified: 09-07-2020